Interim Tatting

After completing the Spring Doily, I worked on another doily from a pattern in the book New Tatting.  After working on it for a number of rounds, I decided not to continue with it because I did not quite like the thread that I had used for it.  This is as far as I got with it - and it sure needs blocking to lay flat.
I did not have enough of the thread to add any more rounds to it, so I finished it off with a round of chains which is not in the original pattern. I used up what is left in the shuttle tatting another motif from the book.


I think, maybe, deep inside I really wanted to start on Renulek's Summer Doily and that the doily above was just an interim tatting.  I even picked out the threads that I plan to use.  I hope the colours are summery enough.

Comments

  1. Your doily is very beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have two rounds on the summer doily, and I love the colors you picked for yours I decided to do the boring thing and use ecru ha ha. It is a first for me and I am glad I don't have much left cause I miss the variety of colors. I do like this first one you have done the pictures are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fun to see the doily in all the Olympus colours - although your interim tatting is a lovely piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are great!! Especially, the -seen from here- teal greenish. What make of yarn is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Olympus thread, Tally Tatty. The same brand that I used for the Spring Doily.

      Delete
  5. Were you using Keep & Share? If so, the same thing happened to me too. I don't know why, but I think it was because I hadn't logged in for a long time. I set up a new account and I just log in regularly just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jeff, Keep&Share.
      Thank you for the information. WIll look into it when I have the time to spare.

      Delete
  6. I hope you can get your patterns sorted out Jon - we'd miss them! Those Olympus threads look just right for a summer doily, I look forward to seeing how you combine them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doily from New Tatting really is pretty! I did wonder about all those chains, though - wouldn't that be a bit tough for a beginner?

    Your Summer Doily will be lovely! I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW, I use Google Drive for my pattern PDFs. Not sure if it's good in the long term, but it's okay so far. A bit non-intuitive to set up and upload files, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it