More notes on the Tat-along Lace Mat

Progress has been slow on the Lace Mat doily.  This is where I am at with the Lace Mat, didn't even manage to get a good picture of it.
The progress of the other doily is slow as well.  I have only completed the third oval and there is another three to do.  After that I plan to tat the first row of the mesh of ring in each of the three colours that I am considering to see how each would actually look against the yellow.

To help you visualise the clovers with split rings as suggested by Hegla, here is a chart showing the split rings.
The red arrow show the direction of the split rings.  As Hegla has written, all the split rings are uneven split rings, i.e. the ds count is un-equal between the first half and the second half.   Before starting Ring B (and Ring E) leave a small space in thread to form a mock picot join.

The other thing to look out for is, Ring E is joined to Ring A on the un-flipped side of the split ring.  I searched for instruction/videos showing how to join on the un-flipped side of a split ring but I couldn't find any.  Will update this part later when I find it.

Thanks to Susie and Fox for the links showing how to join on the un-flipped side of a split ring. The two joins are:
Lily Morale's Larks Head Picot join from Paradise Treasures
Video by Frivole - Joining on the second half of a split ring

The way that I make my join is like how Frivole does it.

Comments

  1. http://www.paradisetreasures.com/lhpj.html has good directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful and I really love the color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jon,
    Frivole has a U-Tube video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm9Ecl5-Qiw
    on joining a split ring on the other side. Is this what you mean??
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fox. This is how I make the join. I think it is more straight forward compared to making the Kark's Head Picot join.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Jon. You have been so helpful. I will add this to the pattern you have already shared. I have a few repeats left on a test tat I am doing and will then get started on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Está ficando lindo! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to start over on my challenge so I can use that split ring alternative for the clovers -- just as soon as I finish all the individual clovers on my first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My, my you are fast! I am only at Round 4 with the long chains.

      Delete
  7. Thank you Jon for the instructions you are posting re tatting your tat a-long.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jon for the chart on the Lace Mat. Well illustrated. I have the first 2 rounds completed.
    Linda in NM
    http://quayceetatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jon,
    This isn't about today's post. I made your StarChic, and I had it in a pile with some other motifs. When I moved them around, a small five petal flower was in the middle of the star. It took me by surprise. It was so pretty that I'm going to try to make a "flower" to fit into the center of the StarChic.
    Rosemarie




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really like to see what you are going to do for the centre.

      Delete
  10. I just finished the first round. I think it is a lovely pattern. The further explications are very helpful indeed. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finshed third round.
    I love to work with split ring but I have trouble join ring B and C.I'll try again.
    Thank you Jon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it